Agriculture & Food Resources
Food doesn’t have to be guilt driven. It’s a choice, just as farming is a choice. Whether you’re in the barnyard, boardroom, a rural neighbor or a concerned food buyer, take time to educate yourself and share farm and food information with others. You’ll discover the the great people in agriculture, ag advocacy ideas, farm blogs, food ideas, misinformation mayhem and more.
- Farm & Ranch Blogs: Are you a food consumer, foodie, mom or chef looking for information about where you food is grown? Take a look at these blogs by farmers and ranchers.
- Agvocate Blogs: Perspective from those working and living in agriculture about the business of raising food, fuel, feed and fiber. Contact MPK to request to add yours.
- Food & Nutrition Blogs: List of registered dietitian, professional nutrition and food science blogs.
- No More Food Fights! Book: Food fights might seem entertaining, but there’s nothing funny about the fights taking place over food production. Bring peace to your plate.
- Speaking Out for Agriculture: Need inspiration from others building food literacy? These will offer ideas to help you more effectively communicate why agriculture matters.
- Ag, Food & Social Media: MPK’s favorite articles with tips to help you advance your social conversation around food and farming, agriculture and nutrition.
- Farms & Rural America, Food & Agriculture: This Pinterest board is a tribute to farmers, rural lifestyle, those working in agriculture and people with an interest in any of those. Choice in food rocks – just like choice in how we farm rocks.
- Advocacy for Farmers, Agricultural Organizations: Perspective on why advocacy matters farms, agriculture and nutrition – plus MPK’s 6.5 step action plan to connecting your cause.
- Anti-Agriculture Groups: Farming and ranching practices have unexpectedly become a boiling pot, mostly thanks to groups working against agriculture today. Here’s a sampling of some of the organizations spreading misinformation.
- MPK in the Media: North American media outlets have worked with Cause Matters Corp. for expertise in communications, agriculture advocacy, social networking, leadership and common sense about food. Watch, look or listen…
- Food Fact & Fiction Newsletter Archives: Links to past issues of MPK’s newsletter filled with thoughts on advocacy, leadership and social conversations.
Designed to connect people across the food plate, particularly farmers, scientists and those who eat. MPK and guest bloggers pen commentary about life on the farm, key agriculture issues, food facts and social media. Learn why it’s a cause that matters if you eat, wear clothes, believe in food security or want fuel from your own country.
This library has MPK’s published and private selection of food, farm, fuel and fiber articles to help you bolster your agricultural advocacy activity, grow connections through new media and build food literacy. You’re welcome to use them in a publication, as long as full attribution and link to this site is provided.
Capture the spirit of agriculture with a speaker who inspires you to celebrate our great business share that celebration! MPK’s keynotes, workshops and webinars leave audiences energized and ready to advocate agriculture with practical tools. Yes, it’s true that she kickboxes, can convince a 65 year-old farmer to get on Facebook and get adults to build bridges with food.